To ensure a fair and enjoyable experience for all visitors to FSW, we have established the following ground rules*:
- No identification is required
- For safety reasons, no more than 10 shoppers are permitted in the store at a time. If there is a line outside, there is a 20 minute shopping time limit inside
- Regarding items such cribs, strollers, car seats, child should be present or verification of child
- Shoppers are allowed up to 5 items per person, many items do not count towards total. Children 13 and under should take age related items.
NOTE: Some Items have higher values. i.e., clothing is 1 item, a complete comforter set may be the equivalent to 2 or more items. Many items do not count towards total.
* Exceptions to the ground rules are made on a base
We are very selective with what we accept. Please adhere to the guidelines.
All donations must be new or gently used, clean, in-season, and/or relatively current style. If clothing is in large trash bags, we ask that donors bring no more than 3 bags of clothing donations per visit.
We DO NOT accept:
No Clothing that is soiled, faded, smelly or holes
No used undergarments, socks, hosiery or tights
No Large Furniture, TVs, PCs, or electronics (without prior approval)
No Knives and Other Weapons
No specifically labeled work uniforms or gear , i.e., old police uniforms, utility company uniforms, etc.
Free Store Wilkinsburg does not accept specially labelled company apparel or gear. We have never nor will distribute anything that may allow someone to gain unlawful entry to a home, business or access to information.
We DO accept:
CLOTHING & SHOES (clean):
In Season and In-Style (not more than 5 y/o)
Shoes and footwear
BABY & CHILDREN:
Diapers / Baby Wipes (unopened)
Strollers, carriers - not expired
Walkers, cribs, gates, etc
NO bathtubs or potty seats
HOUSEWARES: clean, gently used, no stains
Linen, Bedding & Decor, etc.
Curtains, curtain rods
Pots and Pans
SMALL APPLIANCES - clean, WORKING
Toasters, Irons, Microwaves, Blenders, lamps, etc
Small furniture items accepted
If you have items that are not listed but new or gently used condition, please let us know.
We cannot accept donations left at the door when the store is closed. Those donations will be discarded immediately ... no exceptions. If you cannot make the regular donation hours, send us a message.